Don't be fooled by the low cost. This little airplane flies very well. Great affordable first airplane for beginner RC pilots. Find it here
– Very inexpensive. Should be affordable for most.
– Two channel plane that's very easy to fly. Throttle for climb/descend, and yaw control for right/left movement.
– Includes gyro stabilization to prevent rollovers. Although a differential thrust flier, the yaw steering was nicely proportional. The gyro stabilization helped greatly here. No need for "bumping" the yaw control as with many other 2 channel diff thrust fliers w/o stabilization.
– Only 10 grams, and also constructed of tough EPP foam. Should be resistant to most (but not all) crashes.
– 3.7V 80mah battery provides close to 8 minutes of flight time.
– Transmitter provides about 100 meters flight range.
– As it is very lightweight, this plane is best flown indoors, or outdoors on low wind days.
– Unusual size 3.8mm diameter brushed motors. Not sure where you would purchase replacement motors? But hopefully most pilots will be ready to move on to bigger/better planes before they wear out.
– Although gyro stabilized, it seemed tail heavy out of the box. A little putty on the nose easily corrected that (although it might have needed a little bit more).
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding "free" video editor here
"Awel" by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.