JDRC JD-65G XBM-65 1080p Camera Return to Home Drone Flight Test Review
This is one of the first optical flow drones that I've seen with flyback return to home capability (not to be confused with less capable one key return). Find it here
– Folding drone for portability.
– Flyback return to home capability. Fly out in any direction, then let go of the pitch/roll stick. The drone will automatically fly back to its original position as demonstrated in the video.
– Optical flow sensor enables automatic steady hovering. Allows the pilot to focus on taking video instead of flying the drone.
– 1080p camera that records directly to an onboard microSD memory card to avoid WiFi frame dropping in recorded video.
– FPV video and control range of about 60 meters.
– 7.4V 1000mah battery provides long flight time of about 11 minutes minutes.
– In flight video can be viewed and recorded to your smartphone using the "XBM-UFO" app available on Google Play here and iTunes here .
– Automatic flyback capability is greatly degraded with wind. It also can't be turned off, such as if you wish to fly out to a certain point and just hover.
– Lots of video jello in recorded video.
– Drone may drop to the ground on low battery. Land immediately when you notice the front headlights flashing.
– It does not seem to have advertised feature of "follow me".
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding "free" video editor here
"Awel" by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.