Installing Custom Watch Faces can Break Your Watch – WARNING!
LOOK FOR YOUR FIRMWARE HERE: Join the “Round Android Watches Proboard”
Simply set up a free account, explore the various sections available to you, and jump in. There are many watch users and technical experts discussing just about everything related to smartwatches. For general watch questions you’ll find many answers in the extensive FAQs as well. Need the latest watch firmware for your model? Click here:
What help with flashing your firmware? Click here:
If you are going to be installing custom watch faces on any of the Android based standalone smart watch phones (like the No.1 D5, D6 or FINOW X1, X3, X5, or Q1, or many others like the K8, K8mini, K9, K18, etc.) WATCH THIS VIDEO NOW!
Update: This video does not apply to more modern watches from mid 2017 on as the problem has been fixed in the firmware. Scroll to the end of the list of watch face thumbnails and tap the little circular arrow toward the top left to reindex the installed faces before rebooting your watch.
There is a good chance something will go wrong one of the times you install custom watch skins which could result in your watch not being able to reboot. It will get stuck and won't fully turn on. This has happened to me four times now, on everything from the No.1 D5 to and including the new FINOW Q1.
There is a fix to prevent this from happening, but you need to be able to recognize when your watch may be in trouble and how to fix it before you turn it off.
As shown on the video, you need to download Settings Search. Here is the Play Store link:
If you have already turned off or rebooted your watch and it is stuck turing on, you can find the video you need for flashing your firmware for your specific watch model here:
The AMAZING Andrew Davis ZOLTAR watch face:
The multicolor animated "work in progress" from Luigi Soro watch face:
Other watch faces briefly shown in this video can be seen and downloaded here:
Here's a possible fix posted by one of our viewers after looking for solutions on the web:
Posted by Kerry McMillan
I have to give credit where its due, but I don't know who posted the fix.
1. download (on pc) Nova launcher in play store to watch. 2. reset watch. 3. open with nova launcher. 4. DELETE folder clock skin. 5. reset watch and all should good. This worked for me on 2 watchs (Finow Q1)…..Thanks again to whom ever posted fix. BZ
UPDATE: Here's another suggestion by a channel viewer:
Posted by Ahmed Zayed
By the way I found a way to override the freeze issue with the clockskin folder when it gets jammed with skins and no need to flash the rom
Simply even if the clock is stuck on reboot screen you can attach it through the usb to your computer and then use adb via command line
Then cd to sdcard folder
Then write this command: "rm rf ClockSkin"
It will delete the whole folder but your watch will reboot normally and then you can create the ClockSkin folder back and add your skins 🙂
COMMENTS FROM OUR VIEWERS:
From: Abdul Hafiz Amiraz Poniman
I just found out a way to factory reset my Finow x5 air watch witout flashing.. (please dont mind my broken english)
1. If you reset your watch an its stuck at the "smartwatch" logo, hold on the power buton until your watch shut down.
2. Hold the lowest (3rd button) and power button at the same time.
3. At this point "FINOW" logo will appear, RELEASE the power button while still holding the 3rd button until debugging menu appear.
4. On the debugging menu select clear eMMC. This will clear all the data inside your watch.
5. Your watch will restart (or shut down,if it does switch it back on). Give it some time, it will still freeze (still) at 1st (Took mine 2 minutes while connected to PC to finally work).
*Do not strain your watch by installing too many face. It will slow down your watch and make your watch lag or freeze. just install maximum of 5.
You can watch this video that I found. credit to the owner of this video for saving my watch. 😀